Advanced Diploma of Horticulture
Our advanced diploma of horticulture covers everything you need to know to excel as a horticulturalist in Australia’s growing horticulture industry. With a focus on practical learning, our advanced diploma in horticulture is designed to help you confidently enter the workplace with the skills and experience to lead, manage and develop. If you’re interested in managing the business aspects of horticulture facilities and farms, managing production, or working as a senior horticulturalist, this course can help you reach your goals. Discuss your needs with our team today.
Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Management of a production horticulture farm
- Wholesale nursery owner/ manager
- Senior horticulturist
- Horticulture enterprise manager
- Farm production manger
- Production unit manager
Designed for Real Life
Velisha Education Group has developed this program specifically for the needs of Australia’s Horticulture Industry. To achieve this, we’ve blended best practice theory with real life case studies and created an environment where knowledge and learnt skills can be applied and developed. For our on-site students, learning takes place in our purpose-built horticulture classroom, a dynamic horticulture production facility that allows us to create real life training scenarios. It’s this unique format that allows us to accelerate learning and make it easy for everyone to pick up and apply the skills we teach.
Take Control of Your Career
Fast track your career in one of the world’s most exciting and thriving industries, become a high performer; an in-demand employee; our course gives you the foundational skills you need to become a leader in your industry. Our Advanced Diploma of Horticulture for young leaders who aspire to build a thriving career in an expanding industry, as well as experienced horticulture managers who would like to further their decision making and strategic planning skills. Regardless of where you are in your career already, Velisha Education can provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to reach the next level.
Enrol in a Diploma of Horticulture Online
Enrol in our diploma of horticulture online and access to industry leaders, advanced training and dynamic learning, all only 30 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD in Werribee South. This course is carried out over a span of 8 months of online learning supplemented with one day a month at our industry leading horticulture business, Velisha Farms.
- This qualification reflects the roles of individuals working in management roles in horticulture.
- Our industry-focused courses deliver best practice theory within the grit and excitement of a thriving horticulture warehouse.
There are no prerequisites however some course entry requirements do apply-it is an entry requirement that you have access to a farm or horticulture business of a commercial scale on which to base your assessment tasks.
All students will have access to Velisha Farms as part of the integrated experience. If a student does not have a suitable workplace, workplace at Velisha Farms may be arranged.
- Face to face training for the AHC60216 Advanced Diploma of Horticulture is delivered on site one day per month for eight months. This is supplemented by our online learning platform.
- There are workplace assessments to be completed post the face to face sessions. You have up to 2 years to complete all the assessment activities in a self-paced online format.
- Combine learning with your normal activities.